Friday, September 3, 2010

Labor Day Weekend....

Today is the beginning of Labor Day Weekend and I am away from home. Today my husband is going dove hunting in East Texas. While I await his return, I have been looking at some of the web pages I still need to update. I am using a friends computer that she let me add a few programs to in order to make it easier to use, but this computer can barely manage basic stuff so it's slow going. It's been a long time since I worked on a computer with only 128 MB of RAM and 32 bit true color settings. Oh well, at least I'm able to do a few things, like determine the pages that needed the most help.

Well, after a little exploring I see some pages didn't convert correctly & just has a link to the correct page. These I can work on & get corrected with a little effort but I will be working toward getting the information into the new web page formatting. Then I realized that my payout proofs page is sorely outdated. My PhotoBucket account got too much traffic so my actual payout proof images are no longer linking. I had to get a new computer last year and the proofs I had gathered are on the old hard drive. My apologies to those of you that enjoy the payout proofs page. It is going to take some time to get all these images to my new computer. As I go, I will of course, be updating the current amounts as well. The ClixSense promo page has taken a good amount of my spare time but getting such good results, I feel it has been worth it. I will get back to the rest of them as time allows and will update when the new pages are ready. I'm almost tempted to keep both versions just to have a look back for perspective later on down the line.

One of the tools I loaded to this computer MWSnap 3 is a great screen shot tool I really enjoyed using. Not sure why I don't have it on the new computer at home yet. Hope it was just overlooked and not that it conflicted with the Vista operating system on my new computer. That happened with alot of stuff I had for the old one. I emailed the link to myself so I can check when I get back home next week. Having access to this tool will greatly speed up the image gathering. Hopefully my Picasa photo album will accomodate them for linking purposes. I think I may even be able to post them here as I gather them.

If you work with screen shots, and would enjoy being able to reduce your editing time, you may want to check out http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html for this great windows freeware. Donations are accepted but not required.

No comments: